Based in Lyon, France
October, 2016 (2nd episode)
A clandestine queer club where pure hormones are distributed to the city’s residents, a pirated film circulating on the black market, two detectives and a lizard investigating a disappearance, Fyn sinks even deeper into the surreal reality of the city night. Experience a brand new episode packed with psychedelic detail that plunges the player into the deepest thoughts of this unsympathetic character. Engulfed by the sound and fury of organic bass and aggressive synthesizers, even more strange and twisted mysteries await you. Even though the world around you may seem unreal, unlike you, it won't forget who you are and what you've done. The night shifts, the city calls you, and the radio crackles… Slowly goes the night.
The idea behind Void and Meddler was to create a game that looks like its creators, two musicians nurtured by noise rock from the 80's, synthwave, road trips and cyberpunk literature. A first demo was created for PointClickJam, where the game won 3rd place. The many positive reviews from both players and the press encouraged us to develop a full lenght version by respecting the original idea :
- A non-linear adventure in 6 acts (3 episodes)
- Each act can end in several ways (different puzzles, different stories)
- Surreal atmosphere inspired by Philip.K.Dick, William Gibson, David Cronenberg, Shinya Tsukamoto and Gregg Araki
- Your actions may affect the world around you
- A not so subtle mix between good old point and click features and a totally fucked up story!
Void and Meddler - Episode 2 YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Art Direction Award - MIGF 2016"
- "Nominee at the Indie Game Contest 2015"
- "Nominee at Dev Gamm! Awards 2015"
- "Nominee at Emotional Games Award 2016"
- "[...]I like how Void and Meddler drops us right into stealing something our character knows as little about as we do."
- Alice O'Connor, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "We’d certainly love to see more of this stylish and strange dystopian adventure."
- Zack Keosaian , Alpha Beta Gamer
- "Void and Meddler hätte auf jeden Fall Potenzial, auch aufgrund des starken Elektro-Soundtracks."
- Fabu, Superlevel
- "Por lo que ya se puede adivinar en esta demo, el surrealismo se abraza con este mundo dispar y los dialogos llevan un camino a medio camino entre el sarcasmo y el existencialismo."
- Javier Aleman, Nivel Oculto
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About NO cvt
Void and Meddler is a deep trip inside the mazelike mind of Fyn, wandering in an uncertain era, in an undefined city. People are used to taking hormone drugs and collecting false memories. This make it easier to change their life and become the person they want to be.
More information on NO cvt, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Void and Meddler Credits
Game Design, Story, Musics.
Sandra and Mathieu - BlackMuffin